Monday, September 12, 2011

Two Final Thoughts Before Bed

Since today was so productive (although I never did get to review the route to the airport), I have two more challenges to add for tomorrow:



  1. There is a car wash guy I'll name "Jim" who (I kid you not) I believe lives somewhere in the garage.  There are these convoluted signals I don't yet understand.  Some cars have one wiper up, others have two.  I asked Jim the other day how it works and he just said 10 KD in very broken English -- which is $35 USD so I know he was trying to scam me.  The dust here builds up pretty quickly, so there is going to be a need for Jim's services soon, but definitely not for $35 given the rent on the apartment is only half that amount.
  2. There is a restaurant down the street called Divas.  I'm just thinking if that place was in the US they wouldn't be serving food.  More to come on this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment