Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Textile Market

I again visited the Textile Market today.  To be honest, the first visit was the result two mistakes on my part: (1) pulling into the wrong parking garage, (2) thinking the first mistake didn't matter.

Today's venture was planned and well worth the experience.  First I was brought to Fitwell Tailor on the 1st floor (2nd floor when speaking American) of the Block 2 building.  Here I was measured and assigned a number - 29528.  From there it was back downstairs to walk through a couple of shops to find the fabric.  I needed 3 1/2 meters for pants and a jacket.  Back upstairs I went and turned my newly purchased material over to the tailor.  No receipt, no nothing.... just trust I guess.

I go in next week about this time for a fitting and then a few days later the final product is ready.

If the suit fits nicely (which I assume it will), I'll go with upgraded fabric for the next one.

1 comment: