Sunday, September 11, 2011

Kuwait Towers


First things first, I'll need to buy a small pad and pen to jot down notes and observations.  I take that back, first I will need to remember to close the curtains at night.  The day started about 5:00ish, but that isn't all bad considering I had the opportunity to call Jill and catch up before she went to sleep.

Since I was up early, I decided to play tourist and head over to the Kuwait Towers.  Along the way I stopped a few times along the beach.  What I can't figure out just yet is whether the water is polluted with garbage that washes up on the beach, or if it is littered by people at the beach.  Either way it is unfortunate  given the miles of sandy beaches that line the city.




After the quick stop along the not so pretty from up close beach, I continued on to my destination The Kuwait Towers (included in any top 10 tourism lists).  To pause for a bit of history, the Towers were constructed in 1975 and heavily damaged during the invasion.  The middle tower (the one with a single globe) is actually a water tower with a capacity of one million gallons of water.



And for those that managed to read through to the end of this entry... a special treat from the gift shop on the observation deck ..... dramatic pause....  bobble heads.





No comments:

Post a Comment