Sunday, September 18, 2011

Authentic @ Last

After 10 days, I have finally had an authentic Kuwait meal for lunch.  Not quite sure if the meal I had is traditionally eaten at lunch, but I had it then.  Why was it?  Where? I figured you'd ask.

Taken directly from their own Facebook page: "Al Marsa offers a wide selection of divine fresh seafood dishes prepared in a Kuwaiti traditional way".  I will warn though that inflation has taken place, and the prices reflected online are about 15-20% higher now.


Between three of us we shared 2 fish (Zubaidi which was served fried, and another which I can't recall the name of served grilled).  The waiter brought out bread, hummus, tahini, olives, green salad, pickled veges, other veges, and much much more... and this is just the starter.  When the fish arrived, other sides such as rice, and sauces accompanied it.  Finally, fully stuffed, then came the tea, coffee and desserts.


It was a wonderful meal in a colorful setting.  A photo can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lemeridienhotels/5600812858/









No comments:

Post a Comment