Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Disaster Averted

In the US, if I know I'm going to fly between two cities, I tend to purchase the ticket in advance. So, when I knew I'd have to fly between Riyadh and Jeddah I was inclined to do the same. The concept of planning ahead made sense to me...

I was persuaded to wait, told don't worry there are flights every hour, etc., etc. So yesterday I went online to buy the tickets for a flight 5 days out to find out all flights were booked! Refresh, refresh... And suddenly 4 tickets are available, but my credit card won't go through. Call the travel agent to find out the flight is again sold out.

Ultimately 2 tickets opened up for the 1:00AM. Given the alternative of a 12 hour drive, I happily bought the ticket.

Lesson learned... I'm trusting my instincts.


No comments:

Post a Comment