Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fishing Kuwait Style

I experienced fishing in Kuwait, and it isn't bad at all.  We headed out after work for a few hours and enjoyed the traditional approach which is: a line, 2 hooks with shrimp as bait and a weight at the bottom.  You hold the line, drop it in the water and wait until you feel a nibble.  My skills are subpar at best.  Although I caught the first fish, after that I only managed to tangle up the lines and lose my bait.

I continue to be impressed with how welcoming people in Kuwait have been.  It was a far more memorable experience than if I chartered a tourist boat.  I can't say enough nice things about the people I've met.


1 comment:

  1. I don't know if it's too PC, or prejudiced, or anecdotal, or all three.

    But the nicest people I've personally met traveling have generally been residents of Islamic countries.

    ReplyDelete