Friday, April 6, 2012

OSHA Violation

For most of the past few months, I have spent a descent amount of time admiring the construction techniques deployed in Kuwait.  To the untrained eye (that would be me), it generally appears as if the builders are making it up as they go along.  I've yet to see anyone reading over architectural plans or pull out a tape measure.  The building outside my office window however has slowly grown to about 10 stories with what appears to be a 10 man crew laboring away.  Outside my apartment on the other hand, a number of buildings have sprouted in just a matter of days.

All of this construction is generally done with primitive tools.  For example, these are images I snapped from out my window (looking South) of scaffolding being disassembled.  I think I'll stick to my desk job.






1 comment: