Friday, April 6, 2012

Decay in Kuwait City


For the past few weeks I've been hunting down a bookstore in Kuwait.  For anyone that has ever been hear before, you'd understand finding oil is a much easier endeavor.  Anyway, I was making my second attempt in as many days to locate Q8 Books and after getting off the 30 heading to Soor St. I passed an old building which is slowly transforming into an automotive junkyard.  All around it, and this is the fascinating part about Kuwait, there are beautiful new towers being built.

Q8 Books has a vast collection (if not a refined selection) of used books.  With no other competition, new or used, I expect to be back next week in search of another book.  Biggest mistake to date on my whole trip... no bringing an e-book.




No comments:

Post a Comment