Friday, February 17, 2012

Finally... Camels

I was reading the paper this morning and saw there were camel races going on in Kuwait.  This was like a dream come true.  Unfortunately, no matter how much time I spent trying to find the schedule I couldn't figure it out.  So, I hopped into the car and headed off to Kebd.

I read somewhere that the area still has the feel of the "wild west", which is almost true.  The roads are well warn from the cement trucks and other large vehicles that traverse the road.  Dominating the landscape were power lines, camps, sand and camels.  Finally, I made it to Hollywood's Middle East!

In the end, I managed to find the racetrack, but nothing was happening.  So instead, I drove through the camel breading farms and took in the sites.  My favorite was the tent with a satellite dish (image below).






No comments:

Post a Comment